Friday 28 November 2008

Goetite

We have an amazing piece of Goetite at the moment. It's 30cms wide by 20cms by 15 cms high. This is the finest piece of Goetite I have ever seen. It looks like a dark lunar landscape, which on closer inspection reveals a skyline of vertical needle like crystals. These needles appear like a city of skyscrapers in and amongst the charcoal, lunar scape. There is a stillness surrounding the piece which has an electric blue sheen in the right light.

When I first saw it in Brasil, I was stopped in my tracks. There is a gravity to this Goetite which is unlike any stone I have ever seen. There were a few other pieces but this piece is very special. Now that it's back here in the UK, we have had a chance to spend some time with it.

I have meditated with thousands of crystals in the past, but this had the most amazing and interesting energy that I have felt.

This crystal brings about a stillness that is deeper than I have found with any crystal. From the depth of this stillness I noticed a higher vibration that sits within the stillness.

I am happy to say that I will be taking this and some other fine specimens into the shop tomorrow.

No comments: